The Encinitas Learning Center provides a wide variety of academic, social and emotional support to help our students succeed. We strive to create positive, proactive teaching approaches by collaborating and team building with all persons committed to the student’s well being and progress. Above all, we believe that each student is an individual and that programs, supports, and schooling must be individualized to best enable and empower a student. The programs and services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Academic Assessments
- Developmental Testing
- Screening for Learning Disabilities
Speech & Language Development
- Expressive Language (Verbal and Written)
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) Support Programs
- Accent Reduction for Foreign Professionals
- Dyslexia Testing and Therapy support
- Reading (Foundational skills, Phonemic Awareness/Distinction, Fluency)
- Cognitive Retraining: Fast ForWord®, Interactive Metronome® (IM), Processing and Cognitive Enhancement (PACE), CogMed®, and numerous other computer support programs
- Memory & Attention Training
- Executive Function Training
- Auditory and Visual Processing Training
- Sensory Integration Programs
- ADHD self regulation and awareness
- Study Skills: Note Taking Skills/Organizational Skills
- Test Taking/Test Anxiety Reduction
- Social Skills Groups & Programs
- Homework Help
- Collaboration with School Teams and Staff
- IEP Support (Meeting Attendance, Development of goals, Observations)
- Homeschool Support
- Intensive Summer Programs
For more information or to schedule a meeting, please email: email@example.com or call and ask to speak with Lynda Detweiler-Newcomb, Director.
The Encinitas Learning Center uses a variety of different learning programs tailored to support each student’s individual needs. The below list provides only a few of the many programs used. If you would like additional information about the programs listed below and other programs available, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1996, Scientific Learning combines the lastest advances in brain research and propriety technology to create products and services that developing learning and communication skills. Based upon more than 30 years of neuroscience research, Scientific Learning’s Fast ForWord family of products use patented technology to target the language and reading skills widely recognized as the fundamental keys to all learning.
Interactive Metronome (IM) was developed in the early 1990s and is used to help children with learning and developmental disorders as well as adult neuro rehabilitation patients. IM is a neuro-motor assessment & treatment tool used in therapy to improve the neurological processes of motor planning and sequencing.
The LearningRx brain training programs were developed by Dr. Ken Gibson and are the product of over 35 years of ongoing research, testing, and development. This in-depth dedication has allowed us to modify and improve our cognitive skills training to attain optimum results. LearningRx programs focus on the underlying skills that are critical to performance and strengthen them to make learning easier. To date, the LearningRx programs have enhanced the lives of over 100,000 clients of all ages.
The Listening Program®
The Listening Program’s psycho-acoustically modified music and patent-pending production techniques are designed to stimulate, or “exercise” the different functions of the auditory processing system. This enables the brain to better receive, process, store and utilize the valuable information provided through the varied soundscapes in our lives such as music, language and the environment in which we live.