Executive Functioning skills are the foundation for success in all areas of life. Its is a higher-order cognitive processes that enable us to plan, initiate, program, sequence, and maintain goal-directed behavior. These processes allow us to monitor ongoing behavior in order to modify actions to meet task demands, or to inhibit inappropriate behavior.
Students with attention deficit disorder (ADD / ADHD) or various learning disabilities can strongly benefit from strengthening their executive functions skills in order to better keep up with academic demands.
Executive functioning skills are critical for success in school, especially in the later grades, and problems in this area become more noticeable as more independence is expected of the student. Executive difficulties tend to worsen over time without specific intervention and we are here to help.
• Self-monitoring : focus & attention
• Self-regulation : emotional & impulse control
• Communication : relationships & collaboration
• Planning & organizing to improve productivity
• Time management & prioritizing : efficiency
• Task initiation & motivation : independent growth
• Flexible & critical thinking : problem solving
• Working memory : recall & processing
“Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” — George Lucas